- The juice is starting to turn brown, what does that mean?
- This is a normal occurrence that takes place in citrus products. Although refrigerating the product will dramatically slow down the browning process, our products are all natural and have a “Best By” date imprinted on the bottle. If on the West Coast, please call.
- How long is the juice good?
- The juice is good up to the "Best By" date stamped on the bottle as long as it is refrigerated.
- What is the conversion of 1 key lime to your juice?
- 1-2 tablespoons.
- What is the conversion of 1 regular lime?
- 2-3 tablespoons.
- Can I freeze the juice?
- Yes, as long as you leave enough space for the liquid to expand.
- For how long can I freeze it?
- Indefinitely, but preferably no more than one year.
- The juice was not refrigerated when I purchased it, why do I have to refrigerate it now?
- The juice is good for up to 8 months without refrigeration.
- The recipe on your bottle says to only bake it for 15 minutes, is that enough to cook the egg?
- Yes, the acidity of the lime juice also cooks the egg. Therefore this is just a comfort baking time.
- I baked your pie but it won't set?
- There's a couple of things that can commonly happen. First, check that you use sweetened condensed milk not evaporated milk. The second is a mis-pour of the lime juice. If these are not the case, please call us at 1-800-LIMEPIE so that we can help you troubleshoot.
- I baked your pie but it didn't fill the crust?
- Our recipe is intended for the consumer to then top with whipped cream or meringue. You may also double-up the recipe, which will fit perfectly in the crust without additional bake time.
- I want to double the recipe, do I need to double the baking time?
- No, you can bake the pie at the same time since the acidity of the lime juice helps cook the pie as well.
- I bought your juice but cannot find the key lime pie recipe?
- Please confirm that you purchased a bottle of the Key West Lime Juice since we also make Key West Lemon Juice and 100% Key Lime Juice.
- I made my own crust. Do I need to bake it or just bake it with the pie filling?
- You should bake your crust per your recipe instructions & then fill it & bake it for 15 minutes.
- If the juice is past its "best by" date, is it still okay to use?
- We do not recommend using our products past their best by dates.